- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Health & Social Care
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
Exmouth Care Ltd
Description of Opportunity
As an apprentice, you will receive training and support to provide outstanding care to residents alongside an intermediate apprenticeship in partnership with Exeter College.
Working as part of a team, you will look after the personal care needs of residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
You will also help in the care of the residents physical environment and in the general day activities of the home.
Assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and using the toilet.
- Help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence, help in use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- Care for residents temporarily sick and needing, for example, minor dressings, in bed nursing.
- Help care for residents who are very ill and possible with a limited life expectancy.
- Help in promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
Make and change beds, tidy rooms, and empty commodes/urinals.
Change and dispose of catheter bags and convenes.
- Set tables and trays, serve meals, and feed residents who need help, tidy and clear dining room.
- Answer bells, the door and the telephone, greet visitors.
- Read and write Care Plans, take part in staff and resident’s meetings and in training activities as directed.
- Such other duties as may reasonable be required.
Exmouth Care Ltd provide and safe and secure environment for all staff as well as residents. Their two homes, Linksway and Amberwood have both been and still are Covid free and have recently had an infection prevention control Inspection by CQC and passed with flying colours.
Please note, the start date is flexible and can be brought forward for the right candidate. The closing date is therefore subject to change.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Exeter College on 0 (Ref ID: 119138)
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player
- Empathetic towards others
- Maths and English GCSEs at grades 4-9 (A-C), or equivalent. You should be willing to work towards Functional Skills where these grades haven't yet been achieved.
Full training will be provided in the workplace with the support of an experienced team. In addition to this, you will attend Exeter College each week to work towards the following:
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker (Standard)
- The Care Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (where required)
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment.
- Patient and caring person who can put the needs of others first.
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
- Punctual and reliable
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you may be offered permanent employment should their be a vacancy. You may also have the opportunity to progress onto a higher programme to support your development.