- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
Exmouth Care Ltd
Description of Opportunity
Exmouth Care have an opportunity for a new apprentice to assist in the kitchen and housekeeping duties alongside an intermediate apprenticeship in partnership with Exeter College.
In the kitchen you will assist with:
- Preparation and serving of meals.
- Preparation of specific diets.
- Maintaining the kitchen and catering areas to meet Environmental Health requirements.
- Storage of provisions, rotation of stock and stock control.
- Maintaining cleaning schedules.
- Monitoring equipment function.
- Reporting and recording equipment repairs.
- Maintaining fridge/freezer temperature records.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Attend staff training as required.
- Any other duties that may be required.
In housekeeping you will support the following activities:
- Following the general cleaning rota.
- Ensuring that your allocated areas are clean and odour free.
- Observing all Health and Safety, Infection Control, Manual Handling, COSHH, and Fire Policies and Regulations. Attending the relevant mandatory lectures and training sessions and adhering to recommended practice.
- Keeping accurate records of all cleaning done.
- Ensuring that you have liaised with the Nurse in charge before entering rooms where patients are in bed.
- Observing residents’ wishes as to the placing or replacing their personal belongings after cleaning.
- Be able to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- To do coffee trolley for the residents, should it be necessary.
- To use cleaning equipment with care and professionalism and to report any faults in equipment immediately to the Catering and Housekeeping Manager, the Manager or the Nursing Director.
- Regularly request the Maintenance person to pull heavy furniture and beds away from against walls so cleaning may be done.
- To ensure that all cleaning agents are kept safe, and are returned to locked cupboards at the end of your shift.
- Assist in the laundry.
- Any other duties that may be required. This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to review.
Exmouth Care Ltd provide and safe and secure environment for all staff as well as residents. Their two homes, Linksway and Amberwood have both been and still are Covid free and have recently had an infection prevention control Inspection by CQC and passed with flying colours.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Exeter College on 0 (Ref ID: 119140)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow instruction
- Attention to detail
Learners ideally need to have Maths and English GCSE at grade C/4 or equivalent.
Exeter College also offers a Traineeship route for applicants who do not meet the entry requirements.
Apprentices will be working towards achievement of the following:
- • Certification of Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship standard
- • Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths (where applicable)
- An interest in developing a career in the hospitality or care sector
- Happy working as part of a team
- Punctual and reliable
- Friendly and caring
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you may be offered a permanent role. You may also be supported to progress onto higher programmes to support your development in hospitality.