- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Employment Type
Description of Opportunity
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Closing date for applications: 22nd March 2021
Projected start date: April 2021
Experience Days for this program will take place during April 2021
We have a unique and exciting opportunity for students to earn a degree whilst developing their professional skills within a global market-leading organisation. In 2021 we are offering the level 6 Chartered Manager Degree as one pathway to develop Sale Professionals of the future. The program is suitable for Candidates who are interested in developing and want to build their capability to successfully manage projects, operations and/or services in the Sales environment. Candidates will learn the technical knowledge, acquiring vocational experience and wider skills from across a variety of DHL customer contracts and locations within our UKI Supply Chain business.
What the program looks like:
Our entry-level talent programs are robustly created to develop leaders of the future and there is s solid foundation which will empower you to get involved with different teams to achieve high impact results that will really make a difference to our business. Through our structured Learning and Development curriculum, you will begin to take responsibility and see progression from the early days of your Apprenticeship.
The role is part of a planned program approach to grow our own future sales talent. The Candidate spend time in Sales Ops (12m in each of Sales Efficiency, Bid Excellence and Customer Experience) before graduating to a Tactical Sales / Junior Sales Roles for their final placement. The aim is to train and better equip new sales hires to be fully effective and competent in all DHL sales processes. In partnership with the Open University, the Chartered Manager Degree has been developed to build a Candidates capability to manage within a successful Sales environment. Graduating with a BSc Supply Chain Management (Professional Practice)
At the completion of your Apprenticeship, you will have developed the professional knowledge combined with the skills and behaviours to become a successful Leader in a Supply Chain Environment!
- 48 month structured program
- 4 x 12 month placementsBased in both warehouse and transport operations
- Early responsibility and structured progression
- Experience of working within fast paced sites and environments
- Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
- 260 UCAS points (104+UCAS points from Sept 2017 under the new UCAS tariff system)
- Grade 4 -9(C) GCSE English and Mathematics or; Completion of a level 3 Apprenticeship/Professional qualification in a relevant discipline or; Recognized and equivalent qualification
- Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the program
- A desire to be a People Manager and to lead teams of people through day to day business and exciting change projects
- Strong interest and motivation to start and develop a career within the logistics/supply chain industry in the UK market
- Passion for providing an excellent service to our customers, with innovative ideas and practical solution
- Aware of diverse working teams and environments
- A “Can Do” attitude, and ability to be flexible in approach to different working styles, shift patterns and job roles
** please be aware under Covid restrictions, the successful Candidate may need to work from home, if this is the case the Candidate will be fully supported.
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population, you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits, which include; 25 days holiday, childcare vouchers and retail discounts. You will also receive an annual salary review.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities upon successful completion of the program and a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills.
We want our Apprentices to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the program; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a real contribution to society as well as to the world of Supply Chain logistics.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application, along with your prior qualification certificates.
We will ensure that all our resourcing action are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation
For any questions regarding the Apprenticeship, please contact us: email@example.com
For more information about this vacancy please contact DHL on 023 9200 6335 (Ref ID: 126919)