- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Employment Type
Advanced Level 3
Rainbow Pre-School & Extended Services - East Site
Description of Opportunity
- To help prepare the setting for the daily programme; to help tidy away at the end of the session checking equipment for cleanliness and breakages.
- To advise the Pre-school Manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To ensure a high level of support and stimulation for all children, with the help and guidance of qualified key workers.
- To attend ALL out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, parents/carers evenings, summer fayre, Christmas party, etc.
- To attend training, as agreed at the yearly appraisal, alongside working towards a Level 2 or 3 childcare qualification. To share with the Manager any information gained from training courses.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff which is acquired as part of the job.
- To assist with the preparation of snacks in accordance with our healthy eating accreditation.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the pre-school manager/deputy manager in accordance with the pre-school’s business plan/objectives.
- To help at our holiday club as and when needed.
- Follow all policies and procedures that relate to children’s welfare and well- being.
Specific Child Care Tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development as guided by key workers.
- To assist with the preparation of snacks in accordance with the healthy eating accreditation.
- Washing and changing children as required and under the supervision of qualified practitioners.
- Providing comfort and warmth to an ill child
- To contribute to the environment ensuring the setting is of a high quality to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development;
- To be aware of the high profile of the Setting and to uphold its standards at all times.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Hart Learning and Development on 01462 424242 (Ref ID: 127182)
- Good Communicator
- Positive Attitude
- Good team Player
- No previous qualifications are required for this role
- Make sure your CV is attached to your GMFJ profile
Whilst the delivery of training and some of the content will be tailored to employer’s needs, there are key elements that must be covered throughout.
An Early Years Educator:
- Plans and supervises child initiated and adult led activities which are based around the needs and interests of each individual child
- Supports children to develop numeracy and language skills through games and play
- Has key person responsibility to help ensure each child feels safe and secure
- Observes each child and shapes their learning experience to reflect their observations
- Meets the care needs of the individual child such as feeding, changing nappies and administration of medicine
- Works in partnership with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of each child
- Eager to learn
Progression onto a L3 Qualification Pre-School practitioner role.
You may be required to work outside in the garden spaces on a rota basis.