- GMFJ Reference
25.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Education & Training
- Employment Type
The Gosport and Fareham Multi Academy Trust
Description of Opportunity
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
1. Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
2. Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4 (A level)?
As a ‘Learning Champion’ you will offer new capacity to learning in the classroom through the direction of the teacher and learning support assistants.
You will have a keen interest in developing your skills for working with young people and be able over time identify your specialist learning subjects and develop a broad range of common teaching and learning approaches.
The successful trainee will be able to demonstrate a desire to develop the key skills and/or embark on the first steps within a career of working with young people and/or teaching and learning.
A typical day will consist of:
- Being based in the school classroom and/or subject department throughout the day
- Completing some break duties and participating in activities after school and/or before school as determined
- You will be encouraged to plan and deliver some learning when opportunities arise but with close support from your new colleagues
For more information about this vacancy please contact Let Me Play on 0203 4757511 (Ref ID: 134079)
For this role you will need:
- GCSE passes in English and maths are desirable and associated subject areas with the area of application
- Some experience of working with young people would be useful but is not essential
This Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training and a high-quality work experience placement.
- Employability including CV and interview skills
- Help with confidence
- Prevent training
- Practical experience
After successful completion of the Traineeship course, you will receive a certificate of completion and reference as a minimum, to support future job applications. There may be opportunities for interview and progression onto an apprenticeship or into employment with training or further education.
Excellent progression onto an apprenticeship.
There will be progression onto a paid 6 month job role for an outstanding candidate.