- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Employment Type
Higher Level 4
Wells & Co - Brewpoint
Description of Opportunity
In this role, you will learn all parts of the brewing process from raw
material intake through to packaging and be expected to master all of them,
so expect plenty of change and challenge as you learn your trade.
You will be part
of a small team responsible for all aspects of the beer production process
and day-to-day operations of the brewery. Naturally, you will spend a great
deal of time on the production floor but that’s not to say the role won’t
involve many different tasks.
Aside from the day to day routine, there will be many other duties to get involved with. Evaluating raw materials to ensure they meet the specific
quality and assisting in the packaging operations.
What we are looking for:
- A passion for the Brewing industry and a love for Beer!
- You may be studying A-Levels or have a relevant degree in Brewing,
Chemistry, Microbiology or Food Science – either way we are after a genuine
- Hands-on practical approach - we need grafters!
- A flexible work ethic! This is a predominantly a shift-based role working
40 hours a week either 06:00-14:00 or 14:00-22:00 Monday to Friday with a
limited amount of work at the weekends.
- Ability to handle pressure environment where deadlines must be met.
- A confident communication style, as you will be liaising with various
- Ability to travel to Bedford daily if not living locally
What’s in it for you?
• Flexible hours
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays pro rata
• Private medical health care
• Group personal pension plan
• Life assurance
• 25% off dining and retail discounts and 30% off beer!
• Long term opportunity for the right candidiate
Not only do we have a passion for our beer brands, but also for our people.
At Wells, you will not be a small cog in a big wheel, but a valued part of
the team where you will make a difference every day.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 135364)
A high level of
physical fitness. This role is on your feet, manual handling and getting your
A-C in core subjects inc Maths, English & Science.
During the programme the candidate
will learn: raw material intake and milling, brewhouse, cellars, beer
processing, packaging and quality control analysis as well as how to work in
an integrated, multi-finctional production team.
Through the apprenticeship programme you will come
away with a Level 4 in Brewing.
Passion for the industry
At the end of
the course there is a real prospect that a good candidate will gain full-time
employment within the brewing team or alternatively leave with a renowned qualification
and desirable practical CV which will make finding work elsewhere far more accessible.