- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Business & Administration
- Employment Type
Advanced Level 3
Description of Opportunity
The Firm’s Administrators provide direct support to the Firm’s Fee Earners - secretarial, accounts, costing, administrative, training, managing, personnel, filing, copying, collections and deliveries, ordering supplies, archiving, receptionist, client liaison, external suppliers liaison, post, IT tasks and fee earning under supervision.
This list is illustrative not exhaustive. All Administrators are expected to use their intelligence and to be completely flexible in carrying out assigned tasks.There are no purely mechanical and repetitive staff functions within the Firm.
In the context of your volunteering, the Managing Partner will assign tasks to you from time to time. Training will be arranged as appropriate if you do not initially have the required capacity or are assigned new tasks that you are not familiar with.
All necessary secretarial support including typing and photocopying.
- Maintain the Firm’s client records and liaise with Fee Earners and Support Clerks
- Maintain the Firm’s client diary for appointments and meetings
- Disseminate appropriate data to the appropriate personnel
- Generate and distribute the agenda and minutes of monthly staff meetings related correspondence
- Deal with general enquires, both internal and external
- Ensure that all deadlines are met
- All reception duties including answering of telephone calls
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing needs of the job and participate in appropriate training activities
- To undertake such other duties training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required to be consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job
- To undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the post and/or as detailed in the Firm’s Health and Safety Policy
The Firm reserves the right to vary the content of the job description after consultation to reflect changes to the job without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility.
The duties described in this job description must be carried out in a manner which promotes quality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and service users and is consistent with the Firm’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Sandwell College on 0121 667 5018 (Ref ID: 135606)
- Able to communicate effectively
- Great accuracy/high attention to detail
- Team player
- Able to use own initiative if needed
Candidates are required to have a Grade C/4 or above in both GCSE maths and English - or Functional Skills or equivalent.
Working towards a Level 3 Business Administrator standard, your qualification will cover:
- How to involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving administration skills
- Developing key skills and behaviours to support your own progression to management responsibilities
- Record and document production
- Understanding business fundamentals
- Working and developing policies
- IT skills including spreadsheets
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to ensure customers’ requirements are understood and met
Potential to progress to a full-time career.