- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
ANCASTER GROUP LIMITED
Description of Opportunity
Please bear in mind before you apply that this role requires a high level of dedication and commitment from the successful applicant. There is an expectation that you will complete assessments, revision, off the job training and keep up to date with logging work in your own time.
As a Nissan Dealer, we ensure that no-one is better qualified to look after our vehicles. Our Apprentice Technicians will be trained to manufacturer standards and have access to regular support and technical information.
Within the dealership, we utilise the latest diagnostic technology, tools, and best practice processes so you can offer our customers the very best assistance with their service or repair. You will be responsible for the diagnosis, repair, and service of the full range of Nissan vehicles.
• Undertake the timely repair and servicing of customer vehicles in accordance with the brands technical standards.
• Conduct full examinations of vehicles and identify non-routine defects, or additional faults either in the workshop or during road tests.
• Undertake Electronic Vehicle Health Checks
• Work closely with the service team and ensuring they are kept informed of the progress of work on customer vehicles and they are fully briefed on work completed. Discuss technical issues/works with directly customers when requested.
• Provide a knowledgeable, courteous, responsive, and efficient service to all workshop customers, personifying the brand.
• Obtain appropriate authorisation if additional work is required on a vehicle.
• Build and maintain a high level of technical competence for diagnosing and servicing vehicles and utilise regular training and support information provided by Nissan.
• Offer technical advice and support to workshop apprentices when requested by a Master Technician.
• Be open to try new methods of work designed to improve efficiency.
Full training will be provided by senior technicians, management and a dedicated mentor.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Bosch Automotive Service Solutions on 0115 9380223 (Ref ID: 140638)
No specific skills are required, however an interest in a career in the automotive industry/motor vehicles is essential.
GCSEs grades 4 – 9 (A* - C) or Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English.
Please ensure you also list all of your relevant qualifications.
If you do not have the required qualifications for this apprenticeship your application will be rejected and you will not be contacted.
This is a Motor Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Bosch Automotive Service Solutions.
Training is delivered on a block release basis at the Alliance Training Centre in Doncaster.
This means your college based training will be delivered away from home and you will be required to stay in a hotel for 17 separate weeks (Mon – Fri) over the 3 year duration of the course. All associated costs for training are met by the employer/the programme and there will be no cost to yourself/your parents or guardians.
Assessments will also be conducted in the work place by a dedicated training assessor. You will also be assigned a workplace mentor for support in dealership.
As a result you will receive the following qualification:
• Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Level 3
• Functional Skills in English & Maths Level 2 (if required)
• Possess good communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to colleagues and customers accurately and concisely.
• Passionate about the industry, and committed to the development of your technical knowledge and skills.
• Customer focused, able to keep customers experience and safety in mind throughout the service or diagnosis and repair
• Team Player – assist other technicians when workshop is under pressure, and take ownership of any safety issues you identify in the workshop.
• Thorough and able to work with defined processes and guidelines.
• Quality focused with first time fix mentality.
• Honest with high levels of integrity
Permanent role upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
When applying you will be asked to fill in an application form followed by an aptitude test. The aptitude test is made up of 20 questions and the pass mark of the test is 15/20. If you do not pass the aptitude test your application will be rejected and you will not be contacted.
Candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible as the employer will start to interview when applications are received. This may mean the vacancy may close before the date advertised.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, or experience any difficulties when applying, please contact Samantha Gee on 07773816273.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.15 from 1st April 2020. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.