- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
We’re looking for a special person for an opportunity of a lifetime to train to be a fully qualified REPS Level 3 personal trainer.
If you have a passion for health & fitness, specifically functional training and have a personality that can inspire and motivate people, then please read on, because we want to hear from you.
1 lucky chosen candidate will get the chance to join our Gymbo’s apprenticeship scheme.
If you are selected for our apprenticeship scheme, you will receive:
- A fully paid for Level 3 Personal Trainer course. This is not just any PT course. This course consists of BOTH online learning and crucially, private face to face mentoring throughout the course, delivered by the course provider. Course value: £4000.
- 30 Hours Per Week Paid Work Experience for the duration of the course (approximately 15 months). Pay: Apprentice salary / basic rate.
- One to one mentoring and training throughout the course delivered via our Duty Manager & Head Coach. Value: Priceless! But if we were to put a value on the hours of private coaching / mentoring you will receive, it would be thousands of pounds.
- Gain valuable on the job experience teaching group sessions as well as observing & assisting experienced personal trainers coach sessions.
- Benefit from a free 12 month PT membership at our facility (worth £1908). Just like with our members, our head coach will put you through a private assessment / consultation and will design you a series of periodised exercise programs throughout the 12 months, to help you achieve your own personal health, strength & fitness goals. This will give you a valuable insight into the customer experience and you will experience first-hand a variety of different coaching methods delivered by our trainers, which will help educate you along the way, helping you become a more adaptable coach.
- Build valuable skills and experience assisting us with admin duties, showing members around the gym, performing member inductions as well as assisting with keeping the gym tidy and clean.
Over the past 14 years, Gymbo’s has delivered literally tens of thousands of personal training sessions to hundreds of satisfied clients. Our team of personal trainers have experience training every type of client imaginable. In the past, whenever we advertise for a job vacancy, during the recruitment process we often come across inexperienced applicants who have recently completed a short online personal training course, who upon completing their course are under prepared and far from the standard they need to be to be a successful personal trainer. Often they lack the practical skills needed to set themselves apart from the countless other personal trainers in the area competing with each other. These skills come with time and on the job experience.
This apprenticeship is perfect for someone who is not satisfied with just becoming a qualified personal trainer. This opportunity is for someone looking to become an awesome coach. Over the course of the apprenticeship, we will teach you the skills required to be top of your game. Skills which may take you years to develop on your own, through trial and error. Plus, we have all faced the dreaded ‘you have no experience’ rejection from potential employers. Stuck in a chicken and the egg scenario, it can be difficult to get on that first step of the career ladder. With this apprenticeship, not only will you end up being a qualified personal trainer and an awesome coach, you will also have 12-15 months experience working with our team coaching sessions, therefore making you highly more employable. We may even be in a position to offer you a role at Gymbo’s upon completion of your apprenticeship!
Sound too good to be true?!
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who sees their long term future in personal training.
In taking this opportunity, you will get all the training and teaching experience you need to begin a successful career in personal training with mentoring, support and guidance all the way and beyond.
If you are already a REPS level 2 qualified fitness instructor (a prerequisite) and you are looking at taking your fitness career to the next level, we want to hear from you.
You need to be committed and have something super special about you. You will need impeccable customer service, great spelling and grammar (for communicating with members via email) be super motivated and energetic and be a real confident people person.
If this sounds like you…contact us today!
For more information about this vacancy please contact Babcock Training Limited on 0800 731 8199 (Ref ID: 146992)
•Excellent communications skills•The ability to identify different peoples different needs at all times•You will also need to have excellent people skills and be able to communicate with people of all ages and backgrounds•Full Knowledge of using gym equipment with a Level 2 Instructing Exercise and Fitness Diploma or equivalent
Level 2 Fitness instruction or equivalent qualification is essential for this role
Level 3 - Personal Trainer
•Passionate about your own Health and Fitness•Friendly•Confident•Punctual•Reliable•Caring•Compassionate•Empathetic•Willing to learn and go the extra mile•Open Minded
There is a chance of full time employment on completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate