- GMFJ Reference
35.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and greet our guests in a warm, friendly and professional manner
- To have a through and detailed understanding of our food and beverage menus, making informed recommendations where appropriate
- Be fully aware of our allergy procedures and follow them without exception.
- To run a restaurant section in a friendly, efficient and accurate manner in line with agreed SOP’s
- Organise the efficient and accurate running of food from the kitchen pass
- Produce hot, cold and alcoholic drinks in a timely manner, to agreed brand standards and guidelines
- Ensure full payment is taken for all food and drinks, alerting a supervisor to any potential issues.
- Handle basic customer enquiries including, but not exclusively; restaurant bookings, hotel enquiries, gift card purchases, party enquiries
- Have a good working knowledge of the till system, updating information such as item counts/availability as and when required
- Setting/relaying the restaurant and bar efficiently and accurately in line with agreed standards
- Ensure that the main front of house areas are fully stocked including, cutlery, crockery, hot and cold drink items, fruits etc
- Proactively maintain the cleanliness of all working areas using the cleaning lists provided
- Proactively identify any potential guest issues and report any complaints to the supervisor on duty.
- Ensure the highest standards of care for our guests and other members of staff in all aspects of health and safety, including but not exclusive to: COSHH, fire safety, slips and trips, dietary requirements and allergies.
- Follow basic cellar management procedures, including but not exclusive to; changing ale and lager style barrels, line cleaning, bag in box, and adherence to stock rotation
What you offer:
- Warm, friendly and approachable personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Can do attitude
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Hardworking, dynamic, and a team player
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Customer facing experience or a passion for progressing in this industry
For more information about this vacancy please contact Truro and Penwith College on 01872 305500 (Ref ID: 161023)
Company website : https://lewinnicklodge.co.uk/
- Computer skills
- Great verbal and written communication
- GCSE Grade 2/E and above in Maths and English or equivalent
- Know the business vision and values, its main competitors, how it fits into the wider hospitality industry and how own area of work contributes to achieving business targets
- Know the products / services that are offered by the business, their prices and special offers and how to match them to customers’ needs
- Understand the importance of meeting, and where possible, exceeding customer expectations in line with the business / brand standards
- Wine service: Know a variety of wine styles and popular grape varieties, their basic characteristics, basic wine and food pairing in line with the menu, information that will help inform customers, equipment required to store and serve wines and conditions required for optimum wine quality
- Beer / Cask Ale: Know a variety of beers, including bottled, keg and cask ales, their characteristics, basic food pairing in line with the menu, information that will help inform customers, the equipment required to store and serve them and conditions required for optimum quality and the correct cellar procedures and conditions
- Cocktails / Mixology: Know the main categories of cocktails, including common base ingredients, methods of preparing and serving them, how ingredients and equipment should be stored and information that will help inform customers
- Deliver excellent customer service in line with the business / brand standards with the aim of exceeding customer expectations
- Carefully handle payments, transactions, stock and packaging to minimise unnecessary financial loss
- Actively promote the unique selling points of the business and special offers available and promotions to customers
- Wine service: Provide accurate information on the wine menu, make basic recommendations to customers based on menu, serve and store wine in the correct manner and use specialist equipment for preparing and serving wine appropriately
- Beer / Cask Ale: Provide accurate information on beers, including bottled, keg and cask ales; make
- recommendations to customers based on menu, serve and store beer and cask ales in the correct manner and use specialist equipment appropriately. Help ensure that the correct cellar conditions are maintained to preserve the quality of the beer / cask ale
- Cocktails / Mixology: Provide accurate information on the cocktail menus to customers, prepare cocktails using a range of ingredients and methods and adjust the cocktail to customers’ taste and preference.
- Ensure ingredients are stored correctly and use specialist equipment appropriately
- Take a responsible approach to the preparation, sale and service of food and beverages for example in relation to safe handling and storage, and accurately communicating the contents of products.
- Always demonstrate high personal hygiene standards and clean workstation ethic.
- Be highly organised and can multitask whilst maintaining an engaging, friendly and helpful attitude to customers.
- Pay attention to detail and have high standards of cleanliness and presentation. Work in a discreet manner and maintain customer confidentiality.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship there is a possibility of a future job role.
Additional service changes paid monthly. Great employee benefits. Regular salary reviews and incentives. From 7am – Evening Close Monday - Sunday, Rota Varies Weekly.