As an Apprentice Kitchen Assistant, your passion for all things food and the desire to make the perfect dish every time is what sets you apart. With a keen eye for maintaining the highest standards and thriving during a fast pace service, you'll soon become an invaluable member of the kitchen team.
Located beside the flagship Bury St. Edmunds Brewery, the Beer Café is not your traditional Greene King pub. You will be supporting the Head Chef in preparing their small yet exciting menu, and occasionally aiding in the catering for events held in their impressive upstairs venue seating up to 45 people. As there will be some level of face-to-face customer interaction, they are now looking for a friendly, engaging Kitchen Assistant to join their small team who not only has a passion for building a career in the kitchen, but is also not afraid to engage with customers in order to provide a first class service.
You'll receive a competitive salary, pension contribution as well as:
- The chance to further your career across our well-known brands - As one of the industry's top apprenticeship employers, we can provide training and development at each level of your career.
- Discount of 33% for you and 15% for your loved ones on all of our brands - so you enjoy your favourite food and drink at a discount.
- Wage Stream - Access your wage before payday for when life happens.
- Retail discounts - Receive up to 30% off at Superdrug, exclusive discounts with three mobile along with many more...
- Discount of 50% for you and 25% for your loved ones at our Greene King Inns and hotels. - so you can enjoy a weekend away without breaking the bank
- Free employee assistance program - Mental Health, well-being, Financial, and Legal support because you matter!
As an Apprentice Kitchen Assistant, you will...
- Prepare, cook and present food which meets specs and customer expectations.
- Maintain hygiene levels and safety regulations in the kitchen to help to guarantee the safety of your entire team and visitors.
- Communicate clearly with your team in order to provide high-quality meals to customers on time.
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions.
What your apprenticeship includes
- A mixture of face to face and skype/phone catch ups every 4 - 6 weeks to discuss feedback and progress
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with your Line Manager and apprenticeship Trainer
- The chance to get Functional Skills in English and maths (if you don't already have GCSE)
- A Chef Academy Production Chef Level 2 qualification once you have completed the 15 month programme