At Storal each and every child represents a new and exciting story. And everything we do in our growing nursery
group is about allowing that story to develop with richness and purpose. By sharing knowledge and ideas across
our community of settings, we provide our nurseries with proven and reliable support structures. We empower
every member of the team to concentrate on what they really love – understanding children and helping their
special stories unfold.
As an Early Years Apprentice, you will be working in partnership with the nursery staff to ensure the daily running
of the nursery, adhering to the Policies & Procedures of the Setting and Storal Learning, in compliance with the
Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
• To observe, support and extend children’s learnings;
• To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years.
• To ensure that the nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others.
• To develop partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
• To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables
children to make individual progress.
• To help ensure we meet EYFS requirements at all times.
• To understand and work to nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies.
• To be a key worker alongside the key person.
• To ensure records are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments, incident forms, daily logs etc.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the nurseries aims and objectives.
• To complete assignments/tasks set by assessor on time.
• To attend all training as set out in your training agreement.
• To complete training and gain the relevant childcare qualification.
You will help to encourage children’s development, independence, self-reliance, initiative and problem-solving skills by working in a way that promotes inclusivity of all children by ensuring all have equal access to opportunities to learn, develop and reach their potential. You will learn on the job and benefit from having qualified practitioners to mentor you and support you through your qualification.
Salary: Apprenticeship wage during probationary period. Will be moved on to the EYE pay band after you have been assessed as competent and have taken on key person responsibilities and works consistently in ratio. For a level 2 Apprentice it would be £5.28 throughout.
- 50% childcare discount
- Performance related pay & annual pay reviews
- Nursery performance related bonuses
- Annual wellness day off
- Access to Perkbox, a platform with a variety of retail and leisure discounts
- Company sick pay
- Opportunities for team building and celebrating success including the annual Storal awards
- Dedicated learning and development support
- Holidays increasing to 22 days after 2 years’ service and 25 days after 5 years' service
- Unlimited £500 refer a friend bonus
- Access to one-to-one confidential counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme