Feel inspired. Create change. Go further...
Transport for London want you to realise your own impact and create your own legacy. To help you do this, they invest in your development, because your growth is their growth.
TfL's aim is for you to develop the skills and experience you need to thrive in the workplace. They understand that everybody’s career is a different story. TfL have so many different apprenticeships to offer, all requiring different skillsets and strengths. Some of these you may have developed through your studies at school, others may come from life experience and some you may already have instinctively.
A large number of TfL's current apprentices were career-changers with work experience looking for their next move. Whatever your background, there’s an apprenticeship here for you.
You’ll be rewarded with TfL's generous starting salaries and have access to their complete employee benefits package. Rewards vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- Free travel for you and a nominated partner/family member on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest-free loan
- A minimum of 29 days' annual leave
- A choice of a generous final salary pension scheme, or the option to top up your salary by varying your pension
- Tax-efficient childcare payments and cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
Your application journey
If you’re applying to any of TfL's schemes, you’ll need to go through their online application process. They've made this clear and helpful, so you know what to expect at every stage:
- Exploring your options: choose the programme that suits you best. Then apply by completing a simple form.
- Showing your strengths: you'll be asked to take some tests, where TfL will ask you a few strength-based questions.
- Being yourself: a video interview gives you the chance to tell TfL about yourself and show your motivation and passion to join them.
- Getting to know us: spend an assessment day learning more about TfL's business, while gaining valuable knowledge and skills.
More interview tips
You can find more top tips for interviews at TfL by watching this video:
TfL apprenticeship events
Join TfL at one of their events and find out more about their apprenticeships and graduate programs. Following their apprenticeship launch events, TfL have arranged some scheme-specific ones, where you can find out more about the specific apprenticeships that you’re interested in. Click here to find out more.