This is a unique opportunity for the right person to join a progressive team in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school. Working in an extremely busy and diverse environment the successful candidate will gain extensive experience in a professional School Office. If you feel you can contribute to our well established team then please apply!
This position is Term Time Only and due to this your salary is reflected accordingly.
Beeston Primary School is a larger than average-sized primary school where the school ethos is “To promote a love of learning within a safe and happy school, in which every person matters”. The school benefits from a wide range of cultural backgrounds. Our recent Ofsted report found Beeston Primary to be a ‘Good’ school
Possible Start Date: 04/09/2017
Programme Duration: 24 months
This position is now closed and no additional applications are being taken. If you have any questions please contact the provider who is managing the position.
Beeston Primary School is seeking to appoint a Business Administrative Apprentice to support in our busy School Office. This position will include the successful applicant being the first point of contact for visitors and parents, as well as providing general administrative support ensuring the smooth running of the office. Confidentially is essential along with the ability to cope under pressure whilst maintaining a friendly, courteous and professional manner with children, parents, staff and visitors. You will be -
* Answering the telephone and taking messages
* Emailing, dealing with post, managing an appointments diary
* Greeting parents and visitors
* Organising refreshments and dealing with hospitality
*Ordering stationery and other office supplies along with maintaining the schools Central Store
* Taking minutes of meetings and typing communications
* Performing office reception duties and routine clerical work
* Have good computer skills
* Ensure promotion and support of Equal Opportunites and Health and Safety
GCSE grades C or above in Maths and English or AS levels (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
Acceptance is subject to college interview, initial assessment and taking a skill area test.
* You will be able to prioritise your own work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility and pride in delivering quality work on time
* Comfortable learning new ICT software and databases – so we can train you in our ICT packages
* Good communication skills
* A working knowledge of Microsoft office programmes
* Good telephone manner
* Fun, sociable, professional personality
* Always diligent, on time and professional
* Excellent organisational skills
*Commitment to own personal development and learning
* Able to manage own workload in a high pressure environment
* Dedicated to achieving the best for our school community
* Can use own initiative
* Can work well as a team and individually
Candidates who excel in the role will be encouraged to join the Administration Team should a permanent post become available, which we would support through additional training and guidance
Competence and Knowledge qualification:
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
Functional Skills qualifications:
Level 2 Functional Skill in English
Level 2 Functional Skill in Maths
Level 2 Functional Skill in ICT
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Monday - Thursday 8am to 4pm, Friday 8am to 3.30pm term time only
Leeds City College offers Apprenticeships covering all industries, from the traditional professions of engineering, motor vehicle, hairdressing and childcare to the growing office-based prospects in customer service, management and marketing.
State-of-the-art facilities and experienced, industry-specialist tutors give our Apprentices the best opportunity to learn the skills they need to work.
For more information about this vacancy please contact the provider Leeds City College on 0113 3861997 option 1 or
email: email@example.com (Ref ID:69101)
At GetMyFirstJob we’re different.
We don’t just provide apprenticeships – we care about young peoples’ futures and do everything possible to connect them with opportunities that will transform their lives. Providing choice, easy access to skills learning and that all-important break into their first job.
How To Impress Employers with your GetMyFirstJob profile Read More
Traineeships Read More
Results Day Q&A with GetMyFirstJob Read More
MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS OF AN APPRENTICESHIP Read More
Please Enter A Valid UK Postcode