Detailed Job Description
A combination of both Housekeeping, Kitchen and Bar. Skern Lodge is looking for a catering and hospitality apprentice to join thier friendly, professional team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join North Devon’s leading outdoor activity centre, providing catering for both residential staff and customers, which can be up to 250 meals per day.
Aiming to provide well-balanced healthy meals using fresh local produce where possible, and to ensure an efficient and cost effective operation paying attention to environmental issues.
The ideal candidate should be able to work in a team, use their own initiative and be proactive in their approach to work.
Assisting in the preparation, cooking, delivery and clearing of food at Skern Lodge catering operations, working in the bar and at functions and assisting in the housekeeping department.
- To assist as trainee Chef
- Making sandwiches and rolls, wraps or baguettes
- Preparation of foods for making sandwiches or salads
- Serving and clearing in the dining room
- General kitchen duties to include, cleaning, and washing up.
- To work in the pot wash sinks
- To be concerned about good quality standards of food and service
- To be aware of stock rotation
- To prepare home-made sweets when necessary
- To provide a salad bar with each evening meal
- To keep cleaning schedule updated
- To report all problems to the Catering Manager
- To work as part of a team in the Kitchen with all other staff in helping to provide quality meals for staff and customers
- To occasionally work as a waiter/waitress in the Dining Room
- To help maintain high standards of hygiene to the Kitchen and assist in Health & Safety matters
- To assist The Hotel Services Manager with ideas on menu choices
- Participate in team meetings.
- Daily cleaning of public rooms, guest accommodation and showers
- Preparation of room for incoming groups
- Cleaning of centre offices
- Cleaning Instructor lounge and communal shower/toilet areas
- Checking upkeep of Instructor en-suite showers
- Checking all rooms for maintenance requirements and completing maintenance request slips as appropriate
- Liaising with the Housekeeper to ensure standards are being met
- To make up beds as required in the dormitory accommodation
DAILY GENERAL CLEANING
All of the following duties should be carried out daily, as part of the general cleaning routine.
- Hoovering bedrooms and public rooms
- Cleaning furniture and window ledges
- Cleaning bathrooms and toilet areas
- Mopping floors
- Cleaning windows
- Wiping down: skirting boards; bottom of doors; bathroom tiles; walls and radiators