· Produce good quality welds using two welding process/material type combinations (TIG, MMA, MIG/MAG, FCAW) and (Carbon and Low Alloy steel, High Alloy Ferritic/Martensitic Steel, Austenitic Stainless Steel, Nickel and Nickel Alloys, Aluminium and Aluminium Alloys) in two welding positions (Downhand, Horizontal, Vertical, Overhead).
· Attain a qualification in accordance with one of the following standards: ISO 9606 / ASME IX / BS4872 / AWS D1.1, determined by the employer. N.B. These qualifications are regarded as licences to practice in welding.
· Achieve a quality of work to meet international standards for dimensional and surface inspection (Visual, Magnetic Particle Inspection and Dye Penetrant Inspection).
· Position, prepare and check the welding equipment.
· Receive, handle and maintain consumables
· Prepare, check and protect materials and work area ready for welding.
· Complete and check the finished weld ready for inspection and report into the production control system.
· Ensure that health and safety requirements are fully accounted for in all the above.
· Skills to cut shape and form metallic materials.