Detailed Job Description
Reeds Health Club & Spa, located in Kegworth, require an individual with a keen interest in health and fitness to join their work force as an Apprentice Gym Instructor and complete an Apprenticeship in Instructing Exercise & Fitness.
As an Apprentice Gym Instructor your duties will include:
• Demonstrate how to carry out various exercises and routines;
• Observe clients do exercises and show or tell them correct techniques to minimize injury and improve fitness;
• Give alternative exercises during workouts or classes for different levels of fitness and skill;
• Monitor clients’ progress and adapt programs as needed;
• Explain safety rules and regulations within the leisure Centre, and the use of exercise equipment;
• Give clients information about nutrition, weight control, and lifestyle issues;
• Ensure the gym floor is tidy and does not pose a health and safety risk to members or clients;
• Maintain the cleanliness of the leisure Centre at all times.
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Active Leisure Qualification. Your Qualification will be delivered by an Award Winning Training Provider who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Vocational Learning Advisor coming to visit you on a regular basis to deliver the training and guide you through your Apprenticeship.