· Advise and consult with clients- to determine their ideas and requirements.
· Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
· Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work- improving your performance at work and working well with your colleagues.
· Style and finish hair- skills to style hair using blow drying and finger drying techniques.
· Set and dress hair- using a range of setting and dressing techniques to achieve a variety of looks.
· Cut hair- creating a variety of basic looks.
· Colour and lighten hair- using semi-permanent, permanent and lightening products including the ability to colour a full head, regrowth, highlight and lowlight effects.
· Perm and neutralise hair- carrying out basic perming and neutralising services to the satisfaction of your client.
· Plait and twist hair to achieve a variety of different looks.
· Fulfil salon reception duties- welcoming and receiving people entering the salon, handling enquiries, making appointments, dealing with client payments and generally maintaining the reception area.