Detailed Job Description
Stepping Stones is a well established nursery looking for dedicated, caring individuals to join their team.
We are an Early Years nursery, offering care for babies and young children 0-5 to learn and develop throughout their time at with us. We adhere to the EYFS where a large emphasis is based on independence through free-choice play.
You will be willing to undertake Level 2 Diploma in Children and Young People’s Workforce and/or Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Learning and Development (Early Years Educator). You will not be expected to take full Key Worker responsibility until induction training and support has been provided by the managers.
• To ensure children’s welfare and safety are your primary concern.
• Take responsibility for a Key Child and complete observations and folders.
To liaise with parents/carers on a regular basis.
• To display children’s work, ensuring displays are labelled, neat and changed on a regular basis
• To attend any training deemed necessary to develop your career and improve performance
• To encourage child development through effective, age appropriate activities and play
• To ensure good practices are implemented regarding health and safety and hygieneApprenticeship Highlights
• You will gain a nationally recognised qualification equivalent to GCSE or A Level
• As part of your Apprenticeship you will learn how to:
• Organise activities calendars
• Ensure all duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner
• You will receive onsite training with an award winning training provider
• Learn life skills
• To maintain high standards throughout the nursery, implementing all policies and procedures at all times.
What are we looking for?
• Somebody who is reliable and career driven
• Somebody who can work under their own initiative
• Somebody able to work flexibly
• You will be excellent at multi-tasking with superb attention to detail and organisational skills.
Your learning and development will be supported by your own Regional Trainer who will guide you throughout your Apprenticeship. Babcock is an award winning national training provider.