Detailed Job Description
You will gain a useful insight into the work of the department, which includes working with students, tutors and employers to ensure our students have the opportunity to access meaningful work experience alongside their study programme and other activities that will help prepare our students for life after college.
You will have the fantastic opportunity to gain experience in a busy department as well as studying to achieve a nationally recognised qualification; equipping you for the best possible start in your career. The Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration will give you an excellent foundation for moving onto many other careers including progression to a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. The qualification is built from units which are chosen to not only meet the needs of the workplace but also to extend your knowledge.
SUMMARY OF POST To work as part of a flexible team providing administrative support at a designated College campus, and that all work is carried out in accordance with agreed College administrative procedures and quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work flexibly as part of a team, providing a high quality administrative service, to ensure that a high quality administrative support service is provided. Communicating with members of the public, students and college staff and to do this in a customer-centered manner working as a member of a team
• Deal with routine correspondence and enquiries from learners, parents, employers, outside agencies and College staff, referring on to appropriate specialist staff in accordance with College procedures
• Undertake routine clerical tasks such as filing and photocopying, and maintain stocks of stationery, supplies and information leaflets
• As required, contribute to the staffing of the reception and telephone answering service for the Campus, on a rota basis, to ensure the provision of an efficient and helpful response to learners and visitors
• Contribute to the development, maintenance and monitoring of systems, registers, records and databases for the efficient inputting, storage and retrieval of data, as required.
• Process invoices in line with budgetary expenditure for the team, individual or function
.Be aware of and follow College/Nursery policies and procedures, with particular attention to Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Risk Management, Equality and Diversity, Quality and our Values and Behaviours. You will be required to attend training as necessary.This job description is current as at the date shown above. In consultation with the postholder it is liable to variation by the Principal to reflect or anticipate changes, in, or to, the post and the organisation.The job description gives an overview of the main responsibilities of the role. The daily job will also involve any other duties and responsibilities, express and implied, which arise from the nature and character of the post.
37 hours Monday – Thursday: 08:30 – 17:00 Friday: 08:30 – 16:30Total hours per week: 37.00