Rees Sports is based across Greater Manchester and Lancashire. We are looking to appoint 2x Apprentices to join our team to provide valuable, practical delivery and assistance to sports coaches and teachers in school and the community.
The successful candidates will be able to communicate effectively with people at all levels. We are looking for a reliable, flexible individual who has a passion for Sport and working in schools. Candidates should be passionate about working with children and have a real desire to improve standards of physical education and school sport.
KEY TASKS –
- General sports coaching duties.
- Supporting Physical Education Lessons, including working with small groups to develop pupil skill levels.
- Leading Activities and Clubs before school, at lunchtimes and after school.
- Deliver community sessions.
- Willing to use public transports.
- Lead warm ups and cool downs in PE Lessons.
- Assist with sports days.
- One to One support with children in Physical Education
- Work with small groups.
- Support pupils with special education needs and pupils who need additional support.
- Plan sessions/lessons accordingly.
KEY TASKS – Resources
- Timely and accurate preparation of routine equipment/resources/materials as set out in instructions.
- Undertake basic record keeping as directed.
- Operate everyday equipment to fulfil the role, in accordance with instructions.
- Prepare equipment for lessons, clubs and activities.
- Maintain and arrange orderly and secure storage of sports and PE Equipment.
To understand the importance of inclusion, equality and diversity, both when working with children and with colleagues, and to promote equal opportunities for all.
To take a pro-active approach to health and safety, working with others in the company to minimise and mitigate potential hazards and risks.
To participate and engage with workplace learning and development opportunities, subject to the company’s training plan, working to continually improve own performance and that of the team.
To attend and participate in relevant meetings as appropriate.
To undertake any other additional duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
** PLEASE NOTE ** applicants must fulfil certain criteria in order to be eligible for apprenticeship training. Applicants must not be either a graduate or have already completed a Level 4 qualification.
Rees Sports are working in partnership with Aspire Education Academy who will deliver the formal training as a legal requirement of the apprenticeship.