At Mercer we don’t just offer our Apprenticeships a job, we offer a career. With a Mercer Apprenticeship you will receive training and support to allow you to learn on the job, develop your technical expertise and obtain universally recognized and respected industry qualifications. Our Apprenticeship offers a competitive salary and great benefits – all whilst working for a global company that really invests in its employees.
Mercer is the global leader for trusted HR and related financial advice, products and services. In our work with clients, we make a positive impact on the world every day. We do this by enhancing the financial and retirement security, health, productivity and employment relationships of the global workforce.
Mercer has more than 19,000 employees serving clients in over 180 cities and 40 countries and territories worldwide.
As a Mercer Apprentice, you will be based in our European Alternatives Investment team, supporting in managing, monitoring and reporting on portfolios that focus on alternative asset classes (i.e. hedge funds, alternative risk premia, etc.). You will be working with colleagues of varying levels of experience. You will receive full training to ensure you are competent in carrying out the key duties of the Apprenticeship role.
The work you carry out will be interesting and varied and typical tasks include:
- Assisting team members with investment related work, focused on alternative asset classes (this will include analysing data, research and obtaining information from internal and external sources)
- Liaising with various teams within Mercer Investments and other departments at Mercer to deliver an excellent service to our clients
- Dealing with routine queries received from investment managers, third parties and Mercer colleagues in other departments
- Working with a range of Mercer’s internal systems and databases
- Ensuring that all Mercer’s professionalism/compliance processes are understood and followed
- Attending appropriate development training
- Keeping internal data systems up-to-date and assisting with the collection of data for client reporting
- Liaise closely with other members of Mercer’s portfolio management and manager research teams in order to develop a deep understanding of Mercer’s manager research and portfolio management processes