CT Skills is working in partnership with Wollaton Village Nursery is a small and friendly nursery. This Level 2 apprenticeship opportunity enables you to progress your career in the child care sector.
Having been established for over 20 years, the team at Wollaton Village Nursery is supportive and have excellent relationships with parents and their children. They are all working towards the same goals – to ensure that the level of care they are offering is second to none.
Day to day activities involve planning and running children’s activities, supervising mealtimes and outside play as well as making observations and writing up observations. You will need a cheerful and approachable disposition as well as excellent interpersonal skills. You will also be expected to interact with parents and children in a respectful and trustworthy manner.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Supported supervision of children
• Supervise and monitor the safety of children
• Prepare meals and organise mealtimes and snacks for children
• Help children keep good hygiene
• Organise activities or implement a curriculum that allow children to learn about the world and explore interests
• Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
• Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring the problems to the attention of parents – vigilant safeguarding activities
• Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interest