To work as part of a high energy team and develop the skills and behaviours required to become an established Chef and member of the kitchen team. It is our aim to delight our guests and live our company mission statement ‘serving customer with excellence’.
Reporting to: Head Chef.
As a Chef Scholar, you will undertake a 12-month Commis Chef Apprenticeship where you will work with other chefs to learn and practice new skills which are required to become an established and qualified chef. During your apprenticeship, you will develop knowledge, behaviours and skills through both college based workshops and practical experience as part of a commercial kitchen team.
Attendance of college workshops is an essential part of your development and you will be responsible for your attendance one day a week. In the workplace, you will be responsible for recording your onsite training and practice and sharing this with your college liaison and allocated Learning & Development Trainer.
As a Chef Scholar, you will be working with local fresh produce and play a hands-on role preparing and cooking dishes to the required specification and standard. You will gain an understanding of how to utilise ingredients to the best of their potential and learn how to manage stock and waste in day to day service.
A key part of your role will be to understand best and safe practice in a commercial kitchen and learn how to manage and implement the safe delivery of food to our guests.
CUSTOMER - WE ARE COMMITTED TO THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE
- As part of your role, you will be self-driven and have a determination to deliver the best experience for our guests
- You will use customer feedback to improve our service and help develop our food offering
PEOPLE - WE APPRECIATE OURSELVES AND OTHER S AND WE NEVER KNOWINGLY LET A COLLEAGUE FAIL
- You will have a passion to learn from others in your team and offer support to your colleagues across all functions of the kitchen
- You will bring a positive attitude and energy to the team and understand the value of others in your team
OPERATIONS - WE ENJOY AND ARE PROUD OF ST AUSTELL BREWERY AND CONDUCT OURSELVES WITH HONESTY AND INTEGRITY
- You will follow process and procedures set out by the Head Chef to ensure the safe and efficient production of our food offer
- You will be punctual and well-presented and take pride in your role
COMMERCIAL - WE CHALLENGE POSITIVELY TO ALWAYS IMPROVE THINGS
- As a Chef Scholar, you will always be on the lookout for dishes that are not to specification or to the required standard
- You will be passionate about improving dishes and will openly share ideas with your Head Chef and your team
SUCCESS MEASURE (S)
- Completion and recording of skill requirements for the apprenticeship standard
- Successful completion of your end-point assessment