- NAS Reference
- Weekly wage
40.00 per week
- Working Week
Monday to Friday 08.00 / 08.30 – 16.00 / 16.30 (TBC)
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Expected Duration
Now Taking Applications
- Employment Type
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
IQ ENGINEERS LIMITED
Description of Opportunity
To be part of a team of existing Apprentices to assist in the workshop with the preparation and assembly of mechanical equipment and products for the clean water and sewage treatment works across the UK.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Laura Pearson
email@example.com - Derwent Training Association (Ref ID: VAC001837939)
. Ability to engage with products
· Intention to gain a full UK driving licence during the apprenticeship period
· Good literacy skills i.e. ability to write / type up reports
· Basic computer skills preferred but not essential
· Knowledge of water / sewage industry.
· Basic technical ability to read manufacture drawings
· Minimum C grade / level 4 in maths and English good problem solving skills
· Awareness of Health & Safety including method statements and risk assessments.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs (A*-C / 9-4) in maths, English and Science
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team or on your own carrying out supervised tasks
· Communication - Ability to communicate well with all your colleagues , Suppliers and Customers, as you will be representing IQ Engineers
· Ability to listen and enthusiasm to learn new things
· Showing initiative
· A positive attitude and flexible approach.
· Having a good sense of humour
All correspondence from this application will be done via email. Please check your Inbox and Junk for any emails from Derwent Training. This will include the next steps in progressing with your application.
Candidates must be able to travel to IQ Engineers and Derwent Training.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
After a successful Apprenticeship a permanent role would be available for the candidate within the business with great future opportunities.
Independant, high quality products and safe mechanical installation. We have specialist knowledge of Adams Hydraulics sewage treatment process equipment and we supply compatible spares. Over 30 years in business working in the water industry.
Our reputation as a business with specialist knowledge of legacy equipment continues to develop. As a member of British Water and Make UK we share knowledge and experiences with other businesses to support our Customers and the wider industry. Customers include Yorkshire Water, Scottish Water, Severn Trent Water, Northumbrian Water and United Utilities.