- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
Teign House Inn
Description of Opportunity
As an apprentice, you will be expected to be comfortable working in a team under the guidance and training of our Head Chef. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for catering and a willingness to learn new skills. Candidates have the option to work towards the Level 2 Production Chef, or Level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship.
As an Apprentice Chef you will develop skills in:
- Techniques for the preparation, assembly, cooking, regeneration and presentation of food
- Use kitchen tools and equipment correctly to produce consistently high quality dishes according to specifications
- Key nutrient groups, their function and main sources · Relevant industry specific regulations, legislation, and procedures regarding food safety, HACCP, health and safety appropriate to the organisation
- How to communicate with colleagues, line managers and customers effectively
- The financial impact of portion and waste control
- The importance of sustainability and working to protect the environment
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and growing business and a place to flourish and progress your career.
Wages are paid at an hourly rate, and the package includes 28 days paid holiday, tips and staff discount. Weekend and bank holiday working will be required.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Exeter College on 0 (Ref ID: 117782)
- Good personal hygiene
- Understanding of food and Health & Safety
- Maths and English GCSE at grade C/4 or equivalent.
- You should be willing to work towards Functional Skills where these grades haven't yet been achieved.
You will receive full training and guidance in the workplace with the support of an experienced Head Chef. In addition to this, you will attend Exeter College one day per week to work towards the following:
- Certification of Commis Chef Apprenticeship standard level 2, or Level 2 Production Chef
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Math (where applicable)
- Willingness to learn and develop knowledge and skills
- General interest and enthusiasm to work in the industry
- Good time keeping and punctuality
After the successful completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship you may consider progressing onto the Advanced Apprenticeship. There may also be an opportunity to become a permanent member of staff on completion of the Apprenticeship.