- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
LYMPSTONE MANOR LTD
We are looking for an apprentice commis chef who is passionate about food. Training for an Apprentice Chef covers basic culinary skills, knife skills, knowledge of ingredients, use of commercial equipment, kitchen procedures and food handling.
You will need to be motivated, punctual and organised, with good communication skills and a clear understanding of what your position requires. You will need to be focused and have the ability to work as part of a team. You will be expected to be well presented at all times, with the correct protective clothing/chef’s uniform.
Your main duties will include:
- Efficient preparation of food to a high standard
- Cook dishes, accurately following instructions
- Development of knife skills in order to correctly prepare a variety of ingredients
- Develop a knowledge of ingredients and how to cook and prepare them
- Follow instructions with regard to correct working practices for each task carried out, to ensure risks to you and others are minimised
- Carry out tasks as directed by Senior Chefs
- To follow Lympstone Manor Standards at all times
The job may also include other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
As this is an Apprenticeship, you will also attend Exeter College one day a week, learning all aspects of the Commis Chef role. This will include the following topics:
- Food safety
For more information about this vacancy please contact Exeter College on 0 (Ref ID: 122057)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions
- Knife skills
Learners ideally need to have maths and English GCSE at grade C/4 or equivalent.
Apprentices will be working towards achievement of the following:
- Certification of Commis Chef Apprenticeship standard Level 2
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths (where applicable)
- Passionate about food
- Good communication
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude
After the successful completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship you may consider progressing onto the Advanced Apprenticeship. There may also be an opportunity to become a permanent member of staff on completion of the Apprenticeship.