- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Health & Social Care
- Employment Type
Advanced Level 3
Description of Opportunity
Duties and ResponsibilitiesAs a Support Worker Apprentice, you will be asked to help with:
- Establishing rapport and respectful, trusting relationships with the service users, being aware of and responding to individual need.
- Assisting the service users to maximise their potential and achieve their individual targets; promoting self-esteem and enabling them to become as independent as possible.
- Promoting inclusion and acceptance of all.
- Supervising and supporting service users, ensuring their safety and that all service users have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Undertaking personal care tasks in a dignified and respectful manner to a high standard.
- Supporting key workers in managing service user’s behaviour.
- Providing feedback on service user’s personal needs.
- Accompanying service users on trips and activities in and around the community.
- Maintaining contact with carers, families and relevant professionals.
- Preparing the environment for activities and clearing away afterwards including the provision of resources.
For more information about this vacancy please contact 360 Apprenticeships on 0161 464 4805 (Ref ID: 125767)
- Prior experience or knowledge would be beneficial
- The ability to demonstrate empathy with service users who have a range of learning and physical needs.
- The ability to relate well to service users in supporting them with their individual needs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Physical resilience to be able to support the service users with mobility issues.
- The ability to lift manually and with any hoist equipment provided (after training).
- The ability to follow care plans.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Familiar with the use of basic technology – computer, photocopier etc.
A minimum of 5 GCSEs A / C (9 / 4) including Maths and English are required. Any experience or Level 2 in Health and Social Care will be advantageous.
Full training will be provided by face to face tutor visits, online resources etc. Our 360 Apprenticeships are completely work based learning and full training will be provided.
- Confident to work on and off site with service users.
- Able to work as part of a dedicated team.
- Friendly and always optimistic
- Positive with a 'can do' attitude
- Always up for a challenge and give 110%
Once accepted, each Support Worker Apprentice will have to go through a DBS Check. The successful candidate will then work towards a Level 3 Health and Social Care qualification.