- GMFJ Reference
£ Competitive p/h
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
Hill Farm Stables
Description of Opportunity
There is plenty of riding, both in the school and out in the countryside if capable.
General yard duties such as:
- Mucking out
- Turning out and bringing in
- Bedding up and down
- Schooling the older horses until proven capable
- Tidying manes/tails
- Leading the lessons if an experienced rider
- Rugging up
- Tacking up
- Tack cleaning
- Paddock and yard maintenance
- Clipping, pulling, trimming and bathing
- Helping occasionally with Pony Club Centre Members
These tasks are under supervision and not necessarily daily.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Haddon Training Ltd on 01672 519977 (Ref ID: 126248)
Some previous experience with horses is essential.
Must be able to work towards Level 1 or higher in Functional Skills maths and English
Full training through the Equine Apprenticeship supported by Haddon Training.
- Willing to work outside in all types of weather
- Confident handling horses
Full time position on completion of diploma.
Please note that this position is on the Isle of Wight. Accommodation can be provided if necessary, and there may be space for you to take your own horse.