- GMFJ Reference
35.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Employment Type
Description of Opportunity
This programme includes 11 days paid work experience, 7 hours per day at a rate of £6.96.
Smart Futures can make you more employable, helping you with your next steps whether that’s university, college, an apprenticeship or a job.
A mentor will support you throughout the ten months and advise you on one of the biggest career choices you will make: the first step in your working life. You will also be invited to a series of events throughout your final school year.
Please note, you must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply:
- Must live or study in Lewisham
- Eligible for Free School Meals at any time in the past two years (i.e. household income has been less than £16,190 in England or £16,105 in Scotland)
- Eligible for College Bursary or Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) (where household income is less than £24,421)
- Currently in Year 12 (England) or Fifth Year (Scotland)
- Attending a state school
- Studying any combination of A-Level/International Baccalaureate/BTEC Level 3s/National Highers
- Ambitious and motivated to join the world of work
- Looking for a great paid work experience this summer or Easter* that will help you secure a job after school, or a place at university.
We've taken it virtual!We will run our Smart Futures programmes online this year, with the support of our employer partners and volunteers. We are committed to listening to young people, which is why in March 2020, we launched our #voiceforyoungpeople project. From a survey sent to over 400 young people, we know that a fifth are worried about the impact of work experience being cancelled and the knock-on effect this will have on personal statements and job applications.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on 02393876405 (Ref ID: 126436)