- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
Banksys Enterprises Ltd
Description of Opportunity
PLEASE NOTE WAGE ADVERTISED IS FOR 16-17 YEAR OLDS. NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE FOR AGE IS PAID
The right candidate will be trained in all aspects of commercial kitchen duties including how to prepare foods trained in correct knife skills over seen by senior chef. Work well with in a team, be punctual clean and have good personal hygiene standards. Take instruction on how to store, prepare, and cook ingredients to maintain quality in line with food legislation. This is a position that will have different hours each day according to the business requirements. Flexible working hours are required including weekends. Hours can range from early morning until late evening.
You will be trained by a professional chef with many years experience, trained by classical French cooking methods, who has also worked overseas, bringing other cuisines especially aimed at the new thriving street food style of catering. The right candidate will also be trained in Hospitality for large events working towards a chef du partie role.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 127184)
Must be able to understand English
- Expected to complete Level 2 Health & Hygiene Certificate – Allergens Certificate.
- Correct Knife Skills. Read menus and learn about weights and gross profit margins, maintain health & safety procedures and complete documentation required and understanding these requirements.
- Training on the operational side of setting up an Airstream trailer to go out on location.
- Commis Chef Level 2
- Functional Skills Level 1 Maths
- Functional Skills Level 1 English
Enthusiastic / punctual/ passionate about food and catering in the hospitality business, eager to learn.
The apprentice could be offered a full time position within the company.