- GMFJ Reference
45.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Employment Type
Advanced Level 3
Description of Opportunity
Jobs to include:
- Metal and Plastic Containment (includes basket, tray, trunking, tubing etc)
- 1st fix and 2nd fix wiring connections for lighting and power
- LV panels, Distribution boards and Consumer units
- Testing and verification
- Working from drawings
- Steel wired armoured cabling and termination
For more information about this vacancy please contact Hart Learning and Development on 01462 424242 (Ref ID: 127251)
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Able to demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Time management.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation.
- Site Experience would be advantageous.
- CSCS Certificate – Pass
- Driving Licence would be preferable.
- Proof of any previous part/full time work history (not necessarily site related) on applicants’ CVs would be seen as a positive!
- GCSE Minimum A*- C or 9-4 in Maths, English and Science.
- Level 2 Electrical qualification – desirable but not essential.
- Must have passed the Operative CSCS test (50 multiple choice questions) to be booked for a 1st stage interview, a provisional red card should not be applied for until a work trial has been confirmed (as the Card is only valid for 6 months and is only issued once by the CITB). Once a successful interview has been completed via Zoom, we would advise the candidate how to apply for their card.
- Following a successful trial, the Company shall book and pay for the candidate to take an ECS test to gain their ECS apprenticeship card which can only be applied for in the September once the learner, college and Company have all signed the college issued commitment statement/ learning agreement.
- The above health and safety cards are a mandatory requirement for all electrical workers based on commercial sites within the UK.
- The apprentice would be working towards the City and Guilds Level 3 Electrotechnical Qualification.
- College studies include day release one day per week during term time for the first 3 years of the apprenticeship. The final year is spent completing the NVQ portfolio.
- The 4-year course will enable you to build a solid NVQ portfolio, contributing greatly to the completion of your qualification.
- Ultimately as a Company we strive for 100% pass rate and ensure that all our trainees gain their JIB ECS Gold Card.
- We also will offer future development opportunities following the apprenticeship should the learner demonstrates an aptitude for a particular area, e.g; supervisory/ team leadership roles, testing and inspection, estimating and design.
- The ideal candidate would be a proactive individual who can work well both within a team while using their initiative and is driven to want to learn and develop within the electrical sector.
- They must be a dedicated and dependable individual who is always able to complete tasks both onsite and during college to the best of their ability.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, ROK Electrical offers permanent, long term employment with excellent career progression opportunities within the company.
Apprentices if desired can look to continue their studies in this field and can complete and NVQ Level 4 which focuses more upon design and estimating. Or Testing and Inspection qualification. Or SSSTS Certification leading to SMSTS Certification.
Developmental positions could be as previously stated; supervisory/ team leadership roles, testing and inspection, estimating and design, electrical project manager eventually an Electrical QS.
You are expected to travel to site either by public transport or own transport. Therefore, driving licence would be advantageous.
The work will be solely based on site - the job/s are based on different sites in the London, Herts, Essex, Suffolk Border areas. We have positions available to hire apprentices from the Herts, Stevenage, Harlow, Bishops Stortford and surrounding areas.
Travel to and from site could range from 1-1.5 hours each way depending on where our projects are.
We regularly rotate our team to ensure that travel times are shared equally.
We also promote a car share system to help those to and from site that may not drive or want to share driving.