- GMFJ Reference
36.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Health & Social Care
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Cannon Care Homes
Thornfield specialises in person-centred dementia care. As an apprentice, you will receive full support and shadow experienced staff as you learn to support our residents with all aspects of daily living such as, activities, mealtimes, appointments, and personal care.Your Main Responsibilities May Include:
- Ensuring that appropriate individual care is given to each resident, in accordance with the Care Plans and understand the individualised needs and choices of each resident. Respecting their personal wishes.
- You will undertake a variety of duties throughout your daily routine such as supporting residents with all aspects of personal care needs, mobility, undressing/dressing, washing, bathing etc.
- You will support the residents with all aspects of dietary and hydration needs and support during mealtimes.
- You will be expected to encourage and assist all residents to remain as independent as possible.
- To promote respect and ensure the residents' privacy and dignity is always maintained.
- You will at times be required to support the Social Activities within the home as well as support outings within the community, to promote social and emotional well-being.
- To help with mealtimes, such as preparing the dining areas, serving meals and drinks, supporting residents, and liaising with the kitchen team with regards to individuals’ dietary needs.
- General housekeeping duties such as clearing a dining room after meals, helping to make and change beds, and assist with light domestic duties such as tidying rooms, and maintaining cleanliness throughout daily duties.
- To help maintain a safe and healthy environment in the care setting with due regard to appropriate food hygiene, health, and safety regulations.
- To participate in the ongoing evaluation of the Care Plans and staff and residents' meetings as appropriate
- To ensure accurate record keeping is maintained as per company policy and requirements.
- To participate in training activities/courses, as directed by Management.
- To undertake other duties, as necessary and as reasonably instructed by Senior Staff/person in charge.
Cannon Care Homes offer competitive rates of pay for starting apprentices which is above the apprenticeship minimum rate.
Please note, the start date is flexible and can be brought forward for the right person. The closing date is therefore subject to change.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Exeter College on 01392 400800 (Ref ID: 128002)
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of the need to afford privacy, dignity and respect to residents and staff
- Awareness of safeguarding and equal opportunities
- Open to learning and development
- Flexible approach
- Maths and English GCSE's grades 4-9 (A-C) or equivalent, or willing to work towards Functional Skills if these grades haven't been achieved.
You will receive full training in the workplace with the support of an experienced and qualified team. In addition to this, you will attend Exeter College one day per week to work towards the following:
- Level 2 Diploma in Care (Adults)
- The Care Certificate
- Functional Skills in English and Maths (where applicable)
- Professional with a cheerful personality
- Caring and empathetic nature
- Open to learning and development
- Good interactive and communication skills
- Willing to undertake training
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you may be supported to progress onto a higher programme. You may also be offered permanent employment should there be a vacancy.