- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Barton upon Humber
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
Imaginarium restaurant Limited
Description of Opportunity
PLEASE NOTE WAGE ADVERTISED IS FOR 16-17 YEAR OLDS. NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE FOR AGE IS PAID.
Training as Commis chef working towards a level 2 qualification, you’ll be involved in all aspects of the daily kitchen routine.
Initially you’ll work closely with other chefs to help build your confidence within a new environment and to ensure your safety, as you become confident in your abilities and using your new found skills you’ll begin to run your own areas within the kitchen.
Duties will include:
- At all times ensuring the Health & Safety of yourself & others
- Ensure Food safety in line with current legislation
- Taking instruction from senior chefs
- Ingredient preparation
- Cooking of ingredients using various different cooking methods & techniques
- Plating and presentation of food
- Portion & stock control
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 129104)
- Ability to listen & retain information
- Good communication skills (written & verbal)
There are no prior qualifications required for this role.
Level 2 Commis Chef StandardFunction skills (maths and English) if required.
- Willingness to learn and follow instruction
- Excellent time keeping skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated & hardworking
- A desire to always do your best
As the right candidate develops and becomes a competent Commis Chef there are then opportunities for progression within the business.