- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Grotech Production Limited
The primary function of the Apprentice Material Handler is to gain an understanding of the safe receipt, storage and dispatch of materials and packaging used to produce the company’s products.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following:
- Work with colleagues to load and unload vehicles as directed in a safe and efficient manner
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Ensure that the Cardboard Warehouse is kept tidy and secure at all times.
- Monitor the Grotech stock of pallets and advise Supervisor or Warehouse Manager if replenishment is required.
- Monitor the Grotech stock of Fork Lift Truck gas and advise Supervisor or Warehouse Manager if replenishment is required.
- Ensure the tidiness and cleanliness of the warehouse and stock storage areas.
- Ensure all statutory and company procedures regarding materials (particularly dangerous goods) are complied with, and any immediate or potential problems reported promptly to the Management.
- Bring any spillages to the attention of management immediately and assist in any clean up operation as directed.
- Ensure all material movement, by whatever means, is carried out safely using appropriate equipment which has been maintained in a clean and serviceable condition.
- Ensure the correct raw materials required for manufacturing operations are delivered to production when and where and in the quantities required.
- Ensure all information relating to materials: quantity, location, packaging etc is captured correctly and is readily available to the business systems.
- Take photographic evidence of any damaged goods received, container loading and any other situation as directed.
- Ensure that all paperwork relating to deliveries and collections is completed fully and accurately.
- Liaise with delivery drivers to ensure that their expectations are managed in relation to vehicular loading and/or unloading and pass that information onto colleagues responsible for dealing with them.
- Work with colleagues to ensure that all drivers complete any health & safety procedures prior to being allowed on site.
- Any other reasonable duties as instructed by the Warehouse Manager.
For more information about this vacancy please contact East Riding College Limited on 01482 390888 (Ref ID: 129186)
- Good communication skills
- Team-working ethic
Good levels of Numeracy and Literacy.
Level 2 Apprenticeship in PMO.
The successful candidate will be expected to attain a number of external vocational qualifications throughout their career with the company.
There will also be the chance to obtain Functional Skills in Mathematics and English if required.
- Physically able to lift and handle items in line with the companies Manual Handling Process. Report any changes in this ability to your line manager immediately
- Good attention to details and accuracy of information
It is anticipated that on successful completion of the companies training program the right candidate will be qualified to progress to Team Leader level and be involved in all aspects of operations and health & safety management