- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
Deli on the Quay
Description of Opportunity
PLEASE NOTE WAGE ADVERTISED IS FOR 16-17 YEAR OLDS. NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE FOR AGE IS PAID
We are looking for someone to fill the role of production chef to help in our busy Deli/Café kitchen.
Duties will include:
- assisting head chef with setting up for breakfast service
- helping during the service itself and clearing down afterwards.
- You will then set up for lunch service, which you and one member from front of house will prepare and serve.
- After lunch you will clear down and prep for lunch service the following day.
- During any down times from your usual duties, you will assist the chef in preparing salads, cakes, tray-bakes, soups, breads and various other items.
- You will also help the chef in any cleaning down of the kitchen area at the end of the day.
- You will be expected to follow HACCP guidelines and fill in the daily log as you go.
- You will receive training from the owners, head chef and experienced members of staff.
- You will quickly develop your knife skills as well as improve your knowledge of baking, flavour combination, speed of service, presentation, communication, cleanliness and accountability.
- You will also receive basic barista training.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 129508)
Willing to work and learn in a Kitchen and be passionate about food
Grades c (4) or above in maths and english is an advantage but not essential. This will be assessed at the start of the qualification
Production Chef Apprenticeship
Level 1 Maths and English
- Attention to detail
- Willing to learn
continuation of employment and training