- GMFJ Reference
35.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
The Pendle Inn
Description of Opportunity
PLEASE NOTE WAGE ADVERTISED IS FOR 16-17 YEAR OLDS. NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE FOR AGE IS PAID!
Over the past few years we have supported many of our team members to becoming a fully qualified commis chef and you could be next! Whether it be the start of your career, or you are looking to venture into something new… we welcome applications from everyone!
Your day to day;
- Controlling the order and storage of food supplies
- Preparation and presentation of food for service
- Adhering to food safety standards
- Assist the kitchen team when necessary to ensure smooth and efficient service
- Continue on your journey of development/ apprenticeship by picking up new skills all of the time and putting those into practice.
Who are we looking for? If you are looking to learn how to cook from scratch, using fresh ingredients, we offer training academies with nationally recognised qualifications to springboard you into a career.If you are a team player and you are committed to achieving the very best, this could be the role for you. We are looking for someone with a passion for food and the drive to develop. It's a great opportunity for someone with a natural drive for excellence who is seeking the first step in their career.You will have an eye for detail and be able to multi task. The menu in our busy business varies greatly, but it dsn't matter if a guest orders a full breakfast, afternoon tea or a three-course meal, we want to ensure they have a high-quality experience and want to return.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assuranceBespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 129955)
Willing to work and learn in a Kitchen and be passionate about food
None required, Maths and English will be assessed as part of the application process
- Level 2 Commis Chef
- Functional Skills – if not already held
- attention to detail
- willing to learn
Permanent role with ability to progress into more senior roles within the organisation/ Level 3 Chef de Partie.