- GMFJ Reference
35.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Health & Social Care
- Employment Type
Abafields Residential Home for the Elderly
Description of Opportunity
- Work under the supervision of a buddy whilst working in allocated departments
- Assist recreation and leisure coordinators with varying activities for the residents
- Work under supervision of the housekeeping staff to carry out cleaning and laundry duties
- Work under supervision and instruction in the kitchen undertaking kitchen duties including cleaning, preparing, cooking and serving food
- Undertake basic reception and administration duties as advised by the Home administrator
- To work under supervision to Assist residents with their personal care including toileting, cleaning, bathing, dressing and undressing, ensuring optimum independence, dignity and respect of individuals
- Serve meals and beverages, encouraging and assisting in the feeding of residents requiring additional attention at mealtimes
- Assist residents with restricted mobility to move to dining and other communal areas
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and staff.
- Understand personal responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety at Work legislation, particularly in relation to moving and handling of residents and fire safety and evacuation procedures.
- Act courteously towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident.
- Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly.
- Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults or the need for maintenance or replacement.
- Responsible for the safe and tidy storage of supplies and equipment.
- To attend Staff meetings and training sessions as required.
For more information about this vacancy please contact QUBE QUALIFICATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED on 01235 833838 (Ref ID: 130423)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate initiative and be respectful towards the residents and other people in the home
- Efficient worker who can carry reasonable instructions from other team members
- Display a positive and flexible aptitude to team working.
- Demonstrate initiative.
- Adaptable and flexible with a good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a strict attention to detail
- Conscientious, organised, methodical and enthusiastic
- The Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, maths and English support for those who require it and a high quality work experience placement.
- The work experience placement with the care home will mean you will be offered work experience each week, in conjunction with training.
- You’ll become a member of the team in the Care Home and will experience work in all areas of care. All this will give you a valuable insight to Health and Social Care
- The Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, maths and English support for those who require it and a high quality work experience placement. You will be able to achieve industry recognised certificates in Health and Social Care. Alongside work preparation units:
- Rights & Responsibilities in the workplace Work based experience Preparing for an interview
- You will undertake training in the following areas:
- Effective skills, qualities and attitude for learning and work
- Rights & Responsibilities in the workplace
- Work based experience
- Preparing for an interview
o formal qualifications required but a willingness to learn the following:
- Reliable and responsible
- Excellent time keeper
- Motivated Caring, able to relate to older people Have a positive attitude to enhancing the care and service for residents
- Willingness to undertake learning and development appropriate for the role,
- keeping up to date with any training required
- Professional approach in manner and appearance
- Team centred environment
- The Traineeship will last for a period of 8 weeks and is UNWAGED with the possibility of a full time Health and Social Care level 2 Apprenticeship
- After successful completion of the Traineeship course, you will receive a certificate of completion and a letter of reference as a minimum, to support future job applications.
- Also you will receive guaranteed interview status for any suitable jobs at the care home