- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Health & Social Care
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
Silva Care - The Oaks
Description of Opportunity
• To ensure that each service user receives care appropriate to their individual need
• To promote a caring environment for service users through high standards of practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the service users
• To assist in the implementation of the requirements of the National Minimum Standards for Domiciliary Care Agencies, published in accordance with the Care Standards Act 2000.
• Work within, and promote, the policies and procedures of Silva Care
1. General Responsibilities
• follow health and safety procedures, care plans and guidance
• To ensure that the internal and external environment is safe, secure and well maintained and to report shortcomings to the management
• Provide First Aid services when necessary and if trained to do so.
• Ensure that the rights of the people we support are always protected and respected in the following areas: Privacy, choice, participation in decision making affecting their lives, expression of their own cultural identity, entitlement to service, feedback on the service they receive and the right to complain, protection of their property, maintaining links with family and friends.
• To foster and maintain good working relationships with neighbours, health and local authorities, GPs and other professionals involved in service users’ lives
• Keep records and participate in administrative tasks.
2. Service user care
• Support service users to actively contribute to the running of their service
• Supporting service users to take any prescribed medicine, complying with all medicine policies, including storage, administering and record keeping
• Assist service users to maintain their dietary requirements
• To assist service users with the management of their finances, adhering to all policies and procedures
• Enable service users to achieve independence as far as possible in all areas of their life by providing appropriate information, opportunity, training, counselling and support.
• Assist the individuals we support to present themselves as valued members of the local community
• Create opportunities for social and leisure activities with service users within the local neighbourhood and wider community
3. Personal development
• To participate in supervision sessions from the service manager/ team manager or senior support worker.
• undertake training as identified as appropriate by the service manager or team manager to cater for the service users needs.
• Undertake training for personal development.
• To attend and participate in team meetings
16 Years - £6.51
17 Years £7.01
18 Years - £7.51
19 Years - £8.01
20-24 Years - £8.51
25+ Years - £8.72
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 130687)
All in house training will be provided including the below
Autism,Fire Training, MAPA, Safeguarding, First Aid, Health and safety, Medication administration, Induction including Equality and Diversity, Manual Handling, Epilepsy and Buccal, GDPR, Food Hygiene, PPE training, Professional Boundaries,Record and Record Keeping.
Additional Training can be undertaken at the request of oneself and the needs of the site that is allocated.
• To have a positive attitude towards our service users.
• To communicate well with people and have the ability to assess situations and be able to take
• To have a willingness to assist service users in their personal care and hygiene.
• To assist in housekeeping activities such as cooking, cleaning etc.
• To remain flexible and adapt to the changing needs of the service users and the service.
• to maintain awareness of the wider service picture This list is not exhaustive but is indicative of the level of responsibility of the post and the work required
Prospect of becoming full or part time support worker, including the ability to work up to Keyworker/Senior Support worker including the options to complete further NVQ Qualifications.