- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
The Ginger Cat Deli
Description of Opportunity
The apprentice will get training in all aspects of the
bakery. From making pastry to cakes, to pie mixes (including curries and stews made from scratch) to hand finishing products. Will learn about larger scale production while still keeping the rustic, non-factory produced appeal of our products.
Duties will include:
- veg prep and cooking
- cleaning and washing up
- making pastry, pie mixes, cakes, scotch eggs, pasties, sausage rolls etc
- assisting with receiving orders accordingly and packing ready for delivery
As this is an apprenticeship opportunity, your role will be very varied and although you will tend to specialise in an area, you will have to be adaptable and ready to support other team members across the business.
As a Production Chef you will:
maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene
- ensure compliance to procedures, menu specifications and recipes
- produce food meeting portion controls, and budgetary constraints
- adapting and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements
- follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislative and quality standard documentation
- use specialist kitchen equipment
- communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues
- commit to personal development activities
You will be expected to attend Exeter College one day a week and will cover both theoretical and practical elements of the apprenticeship. Topics will include:
- Kitchen Operations
- Legal and Governance
- Personal development and performance
For more information about this vacancy please contact Exeter College on 0 (Ref ID: 131618)
Understanding of food hygiene requirements
and ideally achieved certificate in this. However, this is not essential.
Maths and English GCSE, grade C/4 (or equivalent).
If you do not have these qualifications our team will support you to gain these skills alongside your apprenticeship.
You will work towards achieving the following:
- Certification of Production Chef Apprenticeship standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths (where applicable)
- Willing to listen and learn.
- Ability to
take feedback, work with it and ask the right questions.
- Calm under pressure and lots of drive!
- We want someone proactive who enjoys the rewards of hard work.
We are growing quickly so for the right
person there would definitely be a permanent chef position available. There would also be progression to running parts of the kitchen and product development.
Furthermore, you will also have to opportunity to progress onto the Level 3 Apprenticeship following successful completion of the Level 2.