- GMFJ Reference
37.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
Passmores Co-operative Learning Community
Description of Opportunity
You will work alongside our Site Managers supporting them with general day-to-day maintenance of the premises which will include but not limited to: Daily, Weekly and Monthly maintenance checks, site security, general plumbing, grounds maintenance as well as providing a safe and clean environment for students and staff.
· To act as a key holder & carry out security procedures for the building & grounds. The routine & non routine opening / closing of premises & grounds
· Providing access, where possible, to the premises and classrooms in the event of snow or minor flooding or similar emergency situations.
· Preparing the school premises & site for school activities & clearing up after these activities
· Preparing the school premises and site for out of school activities and clearing up after these activities
· Monitoring and ensuring the cleanliness of the school premises and furnishings
· Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise
· Undertake daily and seasonal maintenance of the site and equipment, inside and out, including changing light bulbs, taps, clock batteries, door locks, woodwork, decorating, clearing drains and toilets to ensure a safe environment is maintained.
· Carrying out school based procedures in the event of fire, flood, breaking and entering, accident or major damage
· Ensuring that all caretaking equipment is in a safe and working condition and reporting any deficiencies to the Site Manager
· At all times to carry out the duties in accordance with school-based policies and Health and Safety procedures.
· Such other duties relating to the use of the premises as may be necessary from time to time in accordance with established local practice or within the reasonable requirements of the Headteacher and Governing Body.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 131621)
Must be willing to learn new skills
None required; however, English and maths will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Facilities Service operative Level 2
- Following instructions
- Good attention to detail
Potential to move to a supervisor position and move to a Level 3 qualficiation.