- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
Doyle Hotels (UK) LTD -The Bristol
Description of Opportunity
To contribute to customer satisfaction through the preparation of high-quality food items in accordance with hotel standards. To maximise hotel customer satisfaction and profitability through providing an excellent meal experience for all guests.
• Be knowledgeable of the day’s business, i.e. know what reservations are booked in to the F&B outlets, be aware of outside events that will impact directly on business, etc.
• Be familiar with the lunch and dinner menu and with any “specials” of the day.
• Avoid unnecessary wastage, to observe proper portion planning and control and to act in a cost effective, responsible manner.
• Ensure all dishes leaving the kitchen/buffet are prepared to the approved standard of presentation and in a timely fashion.
• To ensure excellent food hygiene practice is observed in the entire food chain from storage through to preparation and service.
• Ensure HACCP compliance within the kitchen and all Food & Beverage outlets.
• To wear clean, suitable uniform at all times, ensuring a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming as per company policy.
• To be part of a team environment, which promotes positive employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel.
• Work in accordance with standard procedures within each department to deliver memorable luxury to each of our guests.
• To actively participate in any training and personnel exercises designed to improve standards and performance levels.
• To keep staff/work areas tidy, safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to Management or H&S Rep and observe all requirements under HACCP compliance, Health and Safety at Work Law and policy.
• Ensure the kitchen equipment is in working order; report any maintenance issues to your supervisor.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 132113)
Previous kitchen experience is a benefit, if you just love food is a great place to start.
None required; however, English and maths will be assessed as part of the interview process.
Supported by HIT you will gain the full suit of functional skills to achieve “Commis Chef”.
In house we provide craft skills and leadership development courses.
We are committed to further development of craft and leadership skills, if you want to be a Head Chef, we will support your development.