- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
GLEWSTONE COURT HOTEL
Description of Opportunity
- Preparing specific food items and meal components at your station.
- Following directions provided by the head chef.
- Collaborating with the rest of the culinary team to ensure high-quality food and service.
- Keeping your area of the kitchen safe and sanitary.
- Stocktaking and ordering supplies for your station.
- Improving your food preparation methods based on feedback.
- Assisting in other areas of the kitchen when required.
For more information about this vacancy please contact HIT Training on 02382 149390 (Ref ID: 132636)
- Basic knowledge of all sections
- Ability to work under supervision of a limited range
- Ability to produce good quality basic food
- Understanding of health and safety
- Understanding of basic food hygiene practices
- Good oral communication
- Team management skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Good level of numeracy Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge plus those around you
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work
- Positive and approachable manner
- Team player qualities
High school diploma or equivalent and/or qualification from a culinary school.
To be discussed and relevant to current experience.
- Past experience working in a similar role.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Knowledge of best practices for safety and sanitation.
- Passion for delivering great food and service.
- Multitasking and organizational ability.
- Available to work shifts during weekends and holidays.
At the end of the course there is an opportunity to remain within the brigade and move to the next level of training with
excellent prospects for promotion.