- GMFJ Reference
31.33 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Teaching and Learning
- Employment Type
Advanced Level 3
The Marlborough Science Academy
Description of Opportunity
We are looking for an individual who can support, motivate and inspire students who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning in a mainstream educational setting. You will need to be a team player but also be able to work independently, show great flexibility, creativity and have good communication skills. You will also need to have a level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics and be able to demonstrate an intermediate knowledge if ICT.
You will collaborate with teachers in planning and delivering programs of teaching and learning activities for classes, groups or individuals. The primary focus is to undertake educational activities with individuals, groups and whole classes within a framework agreed with and under the overall direction and supervision of a qualified teacher.
Your core daily duties will include:
- Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, possible within apprenticeship guidelines and expectations of standards
- Participate in the evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on student progress, barriers and behaviour where appropriate
- Support the teacher in monitoring, assessing and recording student progress/activities
- Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher and Specialised Learning Department
- Support students in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
- Share information about students with other staff
- Understand and support independent learning and inclusion of all students as required
Oher duties may include:
- Work with individual pupils with special educational needs
- Work with students for whom English is not their first language
- Assist in the development of individual development plans for pupils such as give ideas in the curriculum
- Invigilate exams and tests if appropriate
- Support students in developing and implementing their own personal and social development
Support Staff play a vital role in assisting teaching staff to make the education of their students their first concern, and are accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. All members of staff must act with honesty and integrity; have strong knowledge within their field, keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date and are self-critical; forge positive professional relationships; and work with parents in the best interests of the students in the school.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Paragon Skills on 01329 820300 (Ref ID: 132789)
- Support Staff play a vital role in assisting teaching staff to make the education of their students their first concern, and are accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. All members of staff must act with honesty and integrity; have strong knowledge within their field, keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date and are self-critical; forge positive professional relationships; and work with parents in the best interests of the students in the school.
- GCSE's grade 4 (C) or above are required in Maths and English
- Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
- After this 18 month programme you will have achieved: Level 3 Teaching Assistant
- Willingness to learn and continuously develop
- Upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship programme you will be qualified at Level 3 Teaching Assistant.