- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Employment Type
Advanced Level 3
Description of Opportunity
As an apprentice, you will be responsible for helping to provide a first class HR administration service to managers and employees in supporting some 2,500 employees based in over 110 locations across the UK. This is a permanent position and offers the potential of rapid development within a continuously growing nationwide Company.
- Be a proactive member of the HR team, supporting the team as required to meet the business objectives of the department and the Company.
- Inputting new starters on to the systems and archiving leavers.
- To assist with the handling of non-complex disciplinary, grievance, capability, absence management and other HR procedures.
- Use and promote the HR system both within the HR team and with line managers and their employees.
- Answer incoming enquiries and correspondence via letter, telephone and email.
- To liaise closely with, and when required support the in house Recruitment team.
- Assist with ad-hoc HR related projects.
Benefits of being employed at Head Office site:
- Good working facilities and free parking
- New state of the art gym
- Onsite Canteen offering hot and cold food selection
- 30 days holiday rising to 35 over a period of time (this includes Bank Holidays)
- Contribution to Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Thrifty Savings – Employee discount scheme offering huge savings across multiple retailers
- Free Summer and Christmas team events
- Long Service Award scheme
- A Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted car hire rates
- Discounted car purchase scheme
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must express a real interest to develop experience and skills in a HR role. Please ensure your CV is tailored appropriately for this role.
CV's will be reviewed and interviews arranged on a regular basis. The start date can be brought forward for the right candidate and the closing date is therefore subject to change.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Exeter College on 0 (Ref ID: 133480)
- Good IT skills with the potential to further develop your skills using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Your tasks will require you to have a keen eye for detail, a can-do attitude and the motivation to develop your HR skills.
- Confident and articulate verbal communicator with all levels of managers and employees.
- Ability to work accurately, confidentially and professionally.
- Able to work under pressure when required.
- 5 GCSE’s 4-9 (A-C), or equivalent qualification (including English and Maths)
- Level 2 qualification in a similar area, such as Business
- Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship
- CIPD Associate Membership
Training will take place on-the-job with the support of an experienced team. In addition to this, you will attend Exeter College each week, during term time.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and assertiveness
- Passionate about developing a career in Human Resources
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
Upon successful completion of the Level 3 apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity to develop your skills further in a permanent position. Dependent on your job role requirements, you may also have the opportunity to progress onto the Level 5 CIPD programme.