- GMFJ Reference
37.50 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
YMCA Day Nursery
Description of Opportunity
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide the highest standards of quality care and education.
- You must be passionate about delivering a high standard of care within the Nursery. It is fundamental that you will be motivated, be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum,
- Be passionate about working with children.
- Assist with planning a programme of activities, suitable for the age range of the children following the guidelines for the implementation of the EYFS.
- To ensure the Nursery is always kept safe, secure and clean at all times. Be prepared to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery e.g. preparing snack, cleaning of equipment, doing the laundry, taking out bins etc
- To attend all in and out of working hours activities e.g. staff meetings, open days, training etc
- Develop positive relationships with colleagues, parents, children and outside agencies
- Understand that each child is an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development
- Be a reliable member of the team, working co-operatively and with flexibility
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards and the EYFS
- Maintain good relationships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day to day caring needs of the children.
- To respect the confidentiality of all information received.
- To develop your role within the team especially in your capacity as a key worker; keeping children’s folders up to date with observation, progress reports and photos.
- With appropriate support and training, record accidents on the appropriate form ensuring the Nursery Manager/Deputy Manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it.
- To ensure all children are signed in and out.
- Ensure someone known to the Nursery collects all the children
- To assist in the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development
- To assist in the provision of an attractive and stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays, indoors and out, relevant to all ages and needs of the children, which encourage independence, self motivation and eagerness to learn.
- To have a full understanding of the Nursery systems of record keeping and keep records of the children’s development using the key worker system.
- To share the responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children in the Nursery.
- To be aware of the high profile of the Nursery and to uphold its standards at all times.
- To initiate and conduct effective risk assessment.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Sandwell College on 0121 667 5018 (Ref ID: 133819)
- You will have a real passion for this sector and be able to provide support and comfort to this young generation
- Gentle manner
- Well presented
- Self-motivated and mature
- GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
Working towards a Level 2 in Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, your units will include:Roles and responsibilities of the Early Years Practitioner:
- Health and safety of babies and young children in the Early Years
- Safeguarding, protection and welfare of babies and young children in Early Years settings
- Support care routines for babies and young children
- Support the planning and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes
- Promote play in an Early Years setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confident in taking instructions as requested
Progress to the next course level 'Early Years Educator Level 3'