- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Employment Type
Advanced Level 3
Nelly's Nursery - DSG - All About Children
Description of Opportunity
A fantastic opportunity has become available at Nelly's Nursery, Dulwich Sports Ground . They are looking for an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner to join their setting, to fit well within their friendly team and learn skills on the job whilst supporting children’s play, learning & development.
Have you always wanted to work with children and truly make a difference in the lives of little people? If so, then please read on as we have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring nursery nurse to join our team in Nelly's Nursery DSG and enter into the world of early years education.
We would love you to join our team as we embark on accreditation to 'The Curiosity Approach', promoting awe and wonder in early childhood. This is a unique style of learning for children to be engaged in the joy of DOING rather than the end result.
Duties Will include
- Caring for children
- Preparing and maintaining environments to meet children's needs
- Supporting children's play and learning
- Supporting children's development
- Adhere to all safeguarding practices
- Preparing snacks and help with their feeding and cleaning
- Planning and supervising child initiated and adult led activities.
- Implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Planning and providing effective teaching and learning in Early Years settings
- Making accurate and productive use of assessment in Early Years Settings
As an apprentice you will be included on a Level 3 Early Years Educator Standard:
What will be involved in your apprenticeship:
- To undertake a developmental programme leading to an Early Years Standard as part of an apprenticeship which is achieved within the given timescale
- To actively participate in your own development plan working through the qualification with the qualification provider and with the nursery setting too
- To keep your mentor informed of your progress and to raise any concerns or issues
If you are excited by this opportunity please contact us today!
For more information about this vacancy please contact Babcock Training Limited on 0800 731 8199 (Ref ID: 133832)
• Nursery work experience is preferable• Good Communication• Ability to use computer• Adaptable• The ability to work as part of a team• Must be able to follow instructions from the room leader
GCSE Maths & English A-C/ 4-9 or equivalent is preferred but not essential
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship.Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standards has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment. The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role. Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.
• Holds a passion for education and educating our children• Believes in shaping a future for not only the children but themselves• Is articulate & friendly• Able to commit to the full apprenticeship programme• Holds a passion for learning about Childcare and reliable to boot
• A competitive training salary• Ongoing personal and professional development• 1 Week shut down at Christmas• A great and friendly place to work• The support of a very experienced team and Nursery ManagerThis vacancy is for a permanent position, you will be offered fulltime employment upon the successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.