- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Employment Type
Intermediate Level 2
Kimberley Court (Anchor)
Description of Opportunity
Anchor are offering a fantastic opportunity to join their team as an Apprentice Housekeeping Assistant. If you have a caring nature, a natural interest in people and want to make a difference then this might be just the job for you!
Duties will include;
- Being responsible for the location being clean, pleasant and safe for customers to live in.
- Providing an effective and efficient laundry service, delivering a high level of customer care and encourage customer independence and choice to support happy living for the years ahead.
- Washing, drying and ironing customers clothes and linen, maintaining an organised washing system.
- Ensuring cleaning products are used effectively and instructions are followed.
- Managing workload ensuring washing is not mixed up.
- Ensuring health and safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Carrying out equipment checks and report concerns regarding equipment to line manager.
- Carrying out minor repairs and labelling of clothing as requested by customers.
- Assisting in marketing the location by ensuring vacant rooms/properties are prepared for prospective/new customers.
- You will gain a nationally recognised Level 2 Hospitality Team Member qualification specialising in Housekeeping.
- You will receive onsite training with an award winning training provider who will support and guide you throughout your Apprenticeship journey.
- Gain life skills.
- Gain confidence.
Please be aware that the wage shown below reflects the hourly wage for the first 6 months and will increase to £5.10 after 6 months and £8.72 after 12 months. As part of your Apprenticeship, Anchor will support you in getting to work by offering a travel allowance of up to £500 per year. This will be claimed back each week/month using an expenses claim which would be completed by you and the Home Manager.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Babcock Training Limited on 0800 731 8199 (Ref ID: 133845)
Previous cleaning experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential. You must have the desire to learn new skills, the ability to work as part of a team and individually and the ability to prioritise and plan around customers' needs.
No previous qualifications are required.
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member - Housekeeping.Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentices’ chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in Maths and English.Once you have completed a minimum of 12/18 (delete as needed) months training and the employer and Babcock’s Regional trainer confirm you have met all the requirements of the standard you will be put through to the End Point Assessment. The End Point Assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of apprentices to ensure you are fully competent in your role.As an Apprentice you will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help you to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare you for the End Point Assessment.
We are looking for someone with an eye to detail, who is empathetic and has strong interpersonal skills. You should be organised and have excellent time management and a positive and professional approach when dealing with customers.
We have big growth plans to ensure we can support the growing demand for care and aim to 'grow our own' talent. Successful completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a permanent position and the opportunity to progress within the company.