- GMFJ Reference
37.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Engineering & Manufacturing
- Employment Type
Advanced Level 3
Merlin Equiptment Ltd
Description of Opportunity
An exciting opportunity exists for the right individual to join the business as an Apprentice Engineering Operative.
As a rapidly expanding business, this will be a hands-on role where you will be required to assist in the production process from start to finish. As new individuals join the organisation, the Production Department will grow, and you will have the opportunity to gain experience in any part of that production process.
You will need to be logical and planned in your thinking, diligent and a finisher. Our customers judge us on our ability to deliver promises and systems that will operate in mission critical applications. Not only will your work have to meet exacting standards, your work will have a direct influence on the outcome of mission critical applications for our customers.
You will need to learn about the products. More importantly, you will need to identify the correct Technical Documentation Package and interpret the BOM and drawings correctly. You will oversee and check job kitting ready for production and then you will actually build the product. Once complete a series of tests and updating test documentation will be required.
You will be able to solder, run cabling neatly, use hand tools and, terminate complex connectors. Batch control and ensuring testing is correctly carried out is very important.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Exeter College on 0 (Ref ID: 133895)
· Willingness to learn and develop
· To be thorough and pay attention to detail
· The ability to work well with others
· Patience and the ability to remain calm in a fast paced environment
· The ability to operate and control equipment
· Knowledge of electrical production and processes
· To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
· A safety mind set in order manage self and support others to maintain and contribute to a safe working environment
5 GCSES Grades 4 to 9 (A* to C) or equivalent including Math's, English Language and a science.
• Learning & fully understanding Merlin products
• Establishing the location and format of our Technical Design Packs
• Setting up our production area and establishing the systems needed in order to build our products
• Inspection of component parts according to our Quality Standards
• Manufacturing our products according to the Build Instructions & Technical Design Packs
• Testing Product
• Packaging the Product as required
• Completing test documentation and record keeping
• Suggesting improvements to design packs
• Testing & repairing warranty returns
• Building of prototype systems, programming and testing
• Any other reasonable task or duty as requested by management
- Strong work ethic: motivated, proactive, committed
- Positive attitude: constructive thinking, motivated to succeed
- Team player: able to work and interact effectively within a team and committed to equality and diversity
- Effective communication: spoken, listening, body language, presentation, written
- Adaptability: able to adjust to change
- Honesty and integrity: truthful, sincere and ethical
- Self-motivation: self-starter, able to make appropriate decisions and lead their own professional development
- Dependability and responsibility: punctual and reliable
- Personal commitment: prepared to make a personal commitment to the industry
Merlin Equipment are a forward-thinking company who are looking to develop and expand their workforce through apprenticeships. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there will be full-time employment.