- GMFJ Reference
35.40 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Employment Type
Higher Level 4
Persimmon Homes PLC
Description of Opportunity
Persimmon PLC is looking for an enthusiastic, organised individual to join the Group Internal Audit department in York. Reporting to the Group Internal Audit Manager, the responsibilities of the Group Internal Audit Apprentice will include providing administrative support to the department, including participation in all aspects of internal audit and risk management. The successful candidate will be enrolled on a Level 4 Apprenticeship for the Internal Audit Practitioner qualification.
The role itself is a new position at Persimmon and will probably evolve over time. The roles and responsibilities will adapt and change however the main duties and responsibilities are:
- Assisting in internal audit projects, from planning through to fieldwork and reporting
- Assisting in the preparation of routine assurance work on customer care and Group principal risks
- Preparation of documents and materials for meetings of the Group’s Risk and Audit Committees
- Maintaining the Group’s risk registers and control frameworks
- Assisting in data analytics projects
For more information about this vacancy please contact Kaplan Financial on 0151 202 0542 (Ref ID: 134076)
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office Packages)
- 3 A-Levels A-C (9-4)
- 5 GCSE's A-C (9-4) Including Maths & English
The IIA Certificate comprises four awards. Two are core subjects, then you can choose two additional options.
Core IIA awards:
- Corporate governance and risk management
- Internal audit planning and assurance framework
- Optional IIA awards:
- Effective delivery of audit and assurance
- Interpersonal skills for audit and assurance
- Information systems audit and assurance
- Compliance audit and assurance
- The ideal candidate must be interested in working within a busy office environment, willing to learn new skills and gain suitable training and qualifications in internal audit. The work of the Group Internal Audit department involves access to complex and sensitive information, and will require attention to detail, discretion and good communication skills.
- On completion of their level four apprenticeship, the Group Internal Audit Apprentice may have the opportunity to study towards full Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification with the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors, and progress internally to a more senior internal audit role within the department. Working within the Group Internal Audit department also provides a solid understanding of all functional areas of the business and create opportunities for further internal development or potential transfer into an operational role.
28 days holiday per year Inc. bank holidays.
Pension, Life Assurance & Bonus
Car Parking available on site, location on major bus routes